What We Are Looking For
- GKAT targets postgraduates with a background in the following disciplines: American Studies, geography, history, linguistics, literature and culture, political science, social science, and religious studies.
- We strongly encourage international junior scholars to apply.
What You Should Bring To GKAT
- An excellent master’s degree or equivalent
- A high personal motivation for scholarly work and research
- An interest in and readiness to engage in interdisciplinary cooperation
- An innovative and feasible dissertation project within one of GKAT’s broadly defined research areas
- Fluency in English and a familiarity with American culture
- A willingness to take residence in Heidelberg and to enroll as a doctoral student at Heidelberg University.
What You Need To Submit
- A standard curriculum vitae (1-2 pages)
- An outline which identifies the topic, research area, research question, theoretical approaches and methodology of your proposed research project (2-3 pages)
- A letter of motivation (1-2 pages)
- A writing sample from your master’s thesis or equivalent which demonstrates familiarity with the standards of academic work.
- Copies of degrees and diplomas
Please submit these materials in English in one collated PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: March 15, 2017.
How We Will Proceed
- Based on the applications received, GKAT faculty will select qualified applicants with an interesting profile. They will be asked to submit a more elaborate version of their project outline (max. 10 pages) and provide the names of two references.
- Interviews will take place at a job market in Heidelberg in late April 2017 or, if necessary, by Skype.
- Applicants will be notified in May 2017. GKAT collegiates are expected to take up residence in Heidelberg by October 2017.
Letzte Änderung: 2017-03-28