Thank you for your interest in the MAS program.
If you want to apply for the MAS, please read the following sections carefully.
You are eligible to apply for the MAS program if you fulfill the following requirements:
- Degree program of a minimum of four years of study (equivalent to 240 ECTS):
You have completed a degree program of a minimum of four years of study (equivalent to 240 European Credit Transfer System/ECTS points) at a recognized university.
- B.A. degree (equivalent to 210 ECTS):
If you are a graduate from a three year B.A. program you need the equivalent of 210 ECTS points. In some cases credit points can be awarded for professional experience.
Command of English
If English is not your native language and if you are not holding a degree from a university in an English speaking country, it is obligatory to provide recent results of an international, standardized test of English as a foreign language to demonstrate that your spoken and written command of the English language will allow you to successfully complete the MAS.
Language proficiency has to be proven by one of the following:
- English as native tongue (USA, parts of Canada, GB, Ireland, Malta, Australia, New Zealand)
- Degree from a university in an English-speaking country (USA, parts of Canada, GB, Ireland, Malta, Australia, New Zealand)
- International, standardized test of English as a foreign language.
Recognized English Language Tests:
- IELTS: overall grade with a minimum of 7.0, and at least 6.5 in each of the subsections
- TOEFL: internet-based version with a minimum score of 90
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: pass at grade 2.
Please note that it is obligatory to submit an English Proficiency Test, even if you acquired proficiency studying English literature or working as a language instructor.
The application period begins on October 1. The online application must be submitted by March 31.
All supporting documentation arriving via postal mail must be postmarked by March 31.
The application for the MAS consists of two steps:
- Fill out the MAS Online Application Form. (available October 1 to March 31; outside of this period you can prepare your application and get an overview of the information you need to provide by using our application template)
During the process, you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- A two-page cv
- Copy of your English Proficiency Test (if applicable)
- Writing Sample
- Copy of your previous degree
- Transcripts of your university grades
- To complete your application, please send the following documents as hard-copies to us:
- 2 signed reference letters in sealed envelopes (please use our reference form)
- Certified copies of your transcripts and degree
- Heidelberg University's official application form for admission in a Master program
- Attn.: MAS Admissions
Curt und Heidemarie Engelhorn Palais
If you want to apply for an HCA Scholarship, please fill out the corresponding part in the MAS application form and have another signed reference letter in a sealed envelope sent in by your supporter.
- You will be notified whether your application is complete or whether you need to send in more information for your application to be processed.
- The admission committee reserves the right to contact you by telephone to conduct an interview.
- Please note that due to the high number of applications it takes up to mid-May before the HCA can comment on the status of your application.