[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Mas Hdlife Rot
Exceptional Value
Get a world-class education, international experience,
and intercultural competence at a very affordable price.

Dr. Anne Sommer

Office hours:
Tuesdays, 3 - 4 p.m.
and by appointment

T: + 49 (0)6221 / 54 3713
F: + 49 (0)6221 / 54 3719



MAS Newsletter 2/2016:
The American Dream Lives Large at the HCA

This edition features the HCA’s commencement celebration for the B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. classes of 2016. Current MAS student Jessica Hagen writes about her life alongside the MAS. Ana Maric-Curry (MAS Class of 2011) shares how her academic and personal life have evolved after the MAS. Finally, Zachary Holler, a current MAS student, reports about the first student conference at the HCA, where he participated in the panel discussion about the American Dream in the 21st century.

Home > MAS >

Visa & Housing

All nonimmigrant visitors are required to have a valid visa in their passports to be allowed to study in Germany. We advise you to contact the German embassy as soon as you get our letter of admission. Please note that the application process for a visa can take weeks (occasionally months) due to the fact that the representative German authorities must contact the authorities in Heidelberg for final approval.

  • In order to obtain a visa for studying in Germany, it is necessary to present your letter of admission issued by the University of Heidelberg to the proper representative authorities.
  • An overview of the most important German visa and entrance regulations can be found on the website of Heidelberg University.
  • For general information about getting a visa please refer to the Federal Foreign Office website.
  • However, we recommend to verify the visa regulations pertaining to your specific case with the German consulate or embassy in your home country.

As soon as you get your letter of admission you should think about where to live in Heidelberg.

The Studierendenwerk Heidelberg offers many rooms in residence halls on and off campus. Here you will find detailed information on residence halls and how to apply for housing.

In addition there are numerous private and religious agencies, which offer rooms in residence halls. 

If you are looking for a room or apartment on the private housing market, you can search through various online platforms, only to name a few: 

The University offers a compilation of Heidelberg´s most popular private housing websites.


HCA-MAS: Email
Latest Revision: 2015-11-03
zum Seitenanfang/up