Job Openings and Internships
- Internships at the HCA are offered throughout the year. Undergraduates and graduate students from all disciplines are welcome, but we especially seek students in American Literature, Art History, Economics, Geography, History, Law, Musicology, Philosophy, Political Science, Religious Studies, and Sociology.
Length of Internships
- The type and length of the internship varies depending on the requirements of the department offering the position. The details will be discussed individually with applicants. Generally, internships will run up to three months. Interns can expect to spend eight hours/week during the term and up to twelve/week during the semester breaks at the HCA.
- We also offer short-term internships which run for two weeks and may require daily presence.
- An internship at the HCA can consist of dedicated work on a single project or the opportunity to work in multiple departments (max.: 3). Both variants are aimed at training the intern in different skills: Working with different departments enables the intern to learn more about the institute as a whole, while working on a specific project tends to allow the intern a more profound look at a certain topic.
- Interns will not be paid but will receive a letter of reference at the end of their internship.
- The HCA invites applications for its internship program for the summer term and late summer break (September/October) 2010. The HCA internship program is very flexible and tries to combine the abilities and interests of the intern with the institute’s work scheduling and responsibility assignments.
Applications and Contact Information
- Questions and applications, including a CV a short letter of interest, can be sent via email to the
Tel.: +49-6221-54 3713