Call for Papers
- The Call for Papers for the HCA Spring Academy 2022 is now available.
Who can apply?
- Ph.D. candidates from all over the world whose project is in one of the different fields of American Studies (History, Literature, Cultural Studies, Law, Political Science, Religious Studies, Economics, Musicology, and Geography) may apply to the HCA Spring Academy.
- Among other topics, participants have presented projects on gender, identity, immigration, international relations, the Cold War, slavery, literature, and the history of sports.
- Though Ph.D. students in all stages of progress can benefit from the Spring Academy, we especially recommend it to Ph.D. students who have already done their research and are at the beginning of their writing phase as they can profit the most from the conference.
How to apply?
- The application period is now open. Interested Ph.D. candidates may fill out the application form and send it to Julia Nohle until November 15, 2021.
- You do not need to submit a recommendation form, unless you are also applying for our Travel Fund (see below).
- We have a small Travel Fund available to cover travel expenses for participants registered and residing in developing and soft-currency countries.
- Scholarship applicants will need to document the necessity for financial aid and explain how they plan to cover any potentially remaining expenses.
- If you are applying for our Travel Fund, please download this form and mail it to your doctoral advisor. Completed forms need to be submitted by your doctoral advisor to Julia Nohle.