Call for Papers
- The next Spring Academy will be held from March 18-22, 2024. We are currently accepting applications. Please check our Call for Papers and the FAQ section for additional information.
Who can apply?
- Ph.D. candidates from all over the world whose project is in one of the different fields of American Studies (History, Literature, Cultural Studies, Law, Political Science, Religious Studies, Economics, Musicology, Sociolgy, and Geography) may apply to the HCA Spring Academy.
- Among other topics, participants have presented projects on gender, identity, immigration, international relations, the Cold War, slavery, literature, and the history of sports. Please check out our conference reports and our Network for an in-depth list of topics.
- Though Ph.D. students in all stages of progress can benefit from the Spring Academy, we especially recommend it to Ph.D. students who have already done their research and are at the beginning of their writing phase as they can profit the most from the conference.
How to apply?
- Please fill out the form below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions or need further information please check this website or send us an email (see above).
- The application form is now available.
- We have a small Travel Fund available to cover travel expenses for participants registered and residing in developing and soft-currency countries. We do not accept applications for the travel fund that do not meet these requirements!
- Scholarship applicants will need to document the necessity for financial aid and explain how they plan to cover any potentially remaining expenses.
- If you are applying for our Travel Fund, please download this form and email it to your doctoral advisor. Completed forms need to be submitted within the appication deadline by your doctoral advisor to Virginia Zentgraf.